Long time no quiz. After taking a little break, we’ve dusted down our trivia archives to set you the following cricket quiz challenge. Enter your answers below, or to avoid spoilers, e-mail them to email@example.com . Eyes down, pencils ready, and away we go…
1. Which England batsman’s final test innings ended when he was bowled by Waqar Younis for 1 at the Oval in August 1992?
2. Another England batsman who also played in that match began his own test career at Edgbaston in 1975, when in his first innings he was dismissed – caught Marsh, bowled Walker – for 0. What’s his name?
3. The following players are the captains of which international cricket teams? A: Nawroz Mangal. B: Mushfiqur Rahim. C: Gordon Drummond.
4. Who holds the England record for the most ODI appearances?
5. Which international cricket ground is also home to three clubs whose suffixes are Bulls, Lions, and Heat?
6. In a cricketing context, what is the connection between Schweppes, Britannic Assurance, and Frizzell?
7. And also in a cricketing context, what is the connection between the musicians Lou Bega and Russell Ballard?
8. Florence Morphy has sometimes been described as cricket’s original WAG. Apocryphally, which item did she presnt to her future husband Ivo Bligh in Melbourne in 1882?
9. Which individual islands were the birthplaces of these West Indian legends? A: Michael Holding. B: Garry Sobers. C: Clive Lloyd.
10. What was used for the first time in a professional cricket match in Adelaide on 27 November 1977?