Here’s a reminder of the latest edition of our (vaguely) monthly quiz. Enter your answers below, or to avoid spoilers, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
1. Alastair Cook and James Anderson were the pre-eminent batsman and bowler, respectively, in the 2010-11 Ashes. But who was (a) the second-highest run score, and (b) second-highest wicket taker, for England?
2. Who banned one of his bowlers from taking early morning jogs, because they caused him to fall asleep at the bar?
3. No one’s come up with one yet, but if a spinner referred to his ‘chaasra’, what would he mean?
4. Complete this sequence: the white, the off-white, the bone, the ivory…and the what?
5. And complete this sequence: West Indies, West Indies, India, Australia, Pakistan…who?
6. To the nearest fifty runs, what is England’s highest ever total in a test match innings?
7. Which female name would you associate with notable cricket fixtures at Arundel Castle?
8. Which pudding-inspired nickname did Anil Kumble acquire during his county career in England?
9. Which test batting record is held by Courtney Walsh?
10. Of the ten methods of dismissal in cricket, which are the only two never to have occurred in a test match?