Let’s hear all your reactions to today’s remarkable result. Whatever your perspective, this was a very fine test match, full of punch and counter-punch, ebb and flow, twists and turns. England fought back – twice – from very difficult positions, and with some panache.
I rather feel for New Zealand, who played very fine cricket for much of the match, and don’t quite feel like deserved losers.
There will be plenty to unpick during the next few days, and one test match result does not mean there is no place for scepticism or proper analysis.
But first we’d like to hear your views, and to give the discussion some shape, here are a few questions for you:
- Who was your man of the match?
- What was the turning point for England?
- How could both England and New Zealand improve for the second test?
- What, if any, is the wider significance of England winning?
- What were your favourite/most over-rated/most under-rated aspects of the match?
Very interested to hear your comments – and many thanks.